Getting to Know KristyAbout Us
Firstly, welcome! Thank you so much for taking the the time to view our site!
For the next few minutes I’d like for you to get to know me and what drives me to be so passionate about all things travel.
My very first memory of travel is purchasing a Greek Islands calendar as a child – maybe 8 or 9 years old. I remember pinning it to my wall and being mesmerised by how beautiful it looked in the pictures and it was then that I declared that I would one day travel there.
My first overseas trip was to New Zealand for a water polo competition when I was 14. It was such a big deal for me at the time. Leaving my family and country for the very first time and sparked the travel bug in a VERY big way!
A year after I finished High School and after working for the first time in my life, I knew there was only one thing I wanted to spend my hard earned cash on… My first trip to America. I had dreamt of going to America for as long as I can remember. It was also my first big solo travel experience. I was nervous as all hell about being away on my own for my first big adventure, but it was the best thing that could have happened to me. I learnt so much and still to this day I travel with the same conviction, purpose and most importantly, love.
From then to now I have been very fortunate to have seen so much of the world. In 2013 I took another massive leap of faith and packed up my life to move to London where I had the craziest/ hardest/ but BEST two years of my life. I live to travel so I work hard and save my butt off to make all my dreams come true. At last count I have visited well over 40 countries and with many more on the list and wanderlust in my blood, I can hardly wait to set out on many more adventures.
Below are some fun facts you may or may not know about me…
1. Who is your hero?
My parents… And The Queen – I have a strange fascination with her and The Royals!
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. What is your biggest fear while abroad?
Losing my passport, wallet & phone
4. What is your favourite childhood family holiday?
Heading up to the Gold Coast every September school holidays
5. What is your proudest travel accomplishment?
Navigating a car trip in Italy, from Verona to Florence, with no GPS and only a bunch of Google Map screenshots on my iPad – if you have ever driven in Italy, you will understand what I mean. Never EVER again will I drive in Italy without a GPS or Navman!
6. What makes you smile the most?
Looking through all my pictures I have been fortunate enough to take on my travels
7. What did you want to be when you were small?
8. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
I would love to be a Kardashian for the day
9. What is your favourite game or sport to watch and play?
10. The biggest “pinch me” moment you have had so far on your travels?
Snorkeling in Bora Bora
11. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
12. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
Yes, it is Kiki
13. Would you rather holiday in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
Hawaii – hands down! It’s my happy place and one of my most favourite places on earth.
14. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?
My bestie, Emily
15. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Become a professional tourist. I would spend my days exploring different cities and countries with my camera in hand.
16. Top three favourite countries you have traveled to?
1) America 2) Italy 3) Tahiti
17. Apart from travelling, what are your hobbies?
To watch trashy reality TV, I love reading a good book and I also really enjoy knitting – clearly I am a Nanna at heart!
18. Aside from necessities, what is one thing could you not go a day without?
19. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
Teleportation – that way I would never have to fly for days to get to places
20. What would you do if you won the lottery?
Buy some properties, share my money with family, pack a bag, pick up my passport and jump on the next available flight… anywhere and everywhere!
21. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of?
Burj-Khalifa in Dubai
22. What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done abroad?
Jumped off a mountain in Queenstown, New Zealand in a bungee swing – whilst it was snowing
23. What is your favourite movie?
I can’t choose just one – it would be between Dirty Dancing and Bridesmaids
24. What is the one thing you collect on your travels?
Apart from taking photos on my camera, I collect thimbles… Long story, but it’s now a very long standing tradition
25. What song would you say best sums you up?
“I Lived” – One Republic
My only hope is that I can inspire each and everyone of you to get out of your comfort zones and see this beautiful world of ours…